Monday, February 18, 2013

Get Happy with travel layouts

I hope everyone enjoying the long weekend, if you have one.  The weather here in the Bayarea is unseasonably good---dry and warm!  I guess it's probably too good.   Sorry for being negative, but I'm from a part of Japan where always  had a water shortage problem during summer because of too little rainfall during rainy season, so I feel kinda nervous when it doesn't rain when it supposed to.

Anyway, recently I've been working on the layouts from our trip to Utah and Arizona last summer.  I know it's a over-due, but it's better to be late than never!  Here are the pages from Antelope Canyon part.  The blog entry about the trip really helped me to remember all the details.










I used Cosmo Cricket's Get Happy collection from 2008 or something.  I LOVE this collection-- vivid colors, grungy designs, all the funny quotes, black board shapes.  I love it's 8inch paper pad, too, because it comes with all the journaling cards, element cards and borders! It's so perfect for our trip photos that's usually quite messy, but fun.  It seems like no company does such grungy designs any more... The outdoor or travel themed papers I see are usually either for flight trip to Europe/beach  or camping trip with kids.  Either too elegant or too childish for us.  I really hope CC will do something like this line again before I run out of all my Get Happy stash.

Although it's possible I like this line so much because it's associated with the fond memory of taking Julie's class using this line at my old LSS.  It was so much fun, and it's one of the reasons why I was so much into scrapbooking.

Anyway, I still have like 150 photos to put down from the trip to Grand Canyon, so better go back to my work;)

Thank you for reading!

アメリカは3連休!夫は、月曜日に起きてきて、「本当にうちの会社、休みなの?」って言ってましたけど(会社ごとに祝日が違ったりするんですよ)。。
「うん、休みだよ」「なんで知ってるの?」「去年そうだったから」「んーーー(ちょっと信じてない)」「まぁ気になるなら会社いけば?」というやり取りのあと、一応、納得したようです。変なの。

ともあれ、ここ数日、去年の夏のドライブ旅行の写真をレイアウトにしているので、アップします♪これはアンテロープキャニオン部分。単に1日分の内容なのに、この写真の量。。まぁ旅行中はいっぱいとるから仕方ないですよね。ジャーナル書いたら仕上がりです。ブログにこまごました感想などを残しておいてよかった。。もうどんどん忘れますもんね~~(汗)

ペーパーはコスモクリケットというメーカーの古いラインを使っています。
このコレクション、だ~~~~い好き!!こういうグランジーで原色でがっこいいデザインって、最近、全然見ない気がします。シャビーだったりアンティークなのは見るんですけど。このラインは8インチのペーパーパッドもあって、ジャーナルカードやボーダーも小さいサイズで入っているのが特にポイント高し!画像のレイアウトも、さくさく作れました~~シンプルに写真をまとめることにフォーカスしたのもあって、1枚あたり30分もかかってない(^^;

これで確か60枚くらいの写真を整理したのですが、後まだ150枚くらいあるはず。。日本旅行のことも忘れる前に何とかしないといけないので、作業に戻りまーす。

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy! Great pages...it's good to get these out of the way, right?! LOL!! Good luck with the rest - can't wait to see :) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete